A New, Healthier Lifestyle for the New Year
December 19, 2022
The new year is an excellent time to assess what lifestyle changes we can make to improve our health and well-being. A healthier lifestyle can help prevent obesity, high blood sugar, high cholesterol and high blood pressure, which are risk factors for diabetes, kidney disease and heart disease.
5 Ways For A Healthier Lifestyle
- Eata nutritious, well-balanced diet that includes plenty of nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables.
- Add regular physical activity. Getting 30 minutes of moderate exercise a day can help lower blood pressure, manage weight, and protect against many diseases.
- Manage your stress. Taking 30 seconds each day to step back and take deep, slow breaths can make a world of difference for your mood and perspective.
- Focus on spending time with people who fill you up, not leave you feeling drained. It’s obvious: those who inspire you are likely going to bring out the best in you.
- Get seven to eight hours of quality sleep. Not enough sleep can lower your immune system.
These basic daily practices can be the foundation for managing your resilience and boosting your energy.
TPEA is here to help. They can provide advice, social opportunities and the wisdom of experience, plus support from partners like AMBA and its friendly experts to help with your benefits needs. Learn more on the association’s website and www.myambabenefits.info
5 Fun Ways to Spread Kindness on National Random Acts of Kindness Day
Simple gestures can make a big difference for all of us. Everyone appreciates a kind word, a comforting hug, or a warm and
7 Do’s and Don’ts for Heart Health
It's February – American Heart Month – a time when the nation spotlights heart health and disease, the No. 1 killer
Struggling With Your New Year's Resolution? The 'Monday Reset' Can Help You Attain Success
If that “New Year, New Me” resolution is proving to be more difficult to achieve than you anticipated, you’re
There’s a Whole Lot to Love This Valentine’s With the Savings at AMBA Discounts
Showering your loved one with gifts for Valentine’s can be fun…and expensive. But AMBA Discounts gives you access